They say that beauty is only skin-deep.
More than just providing a protective layer for the body, the skin is also an organ that is very much alive and in charge of many important functions. It is the body’s first shield of defense and home to receptors that allow the body to sense touch.
Like any other human organ, the skin can become unhealthy or break down if not properly protected from harmful external factors like excessive exposure to the elements, poor diet, and stress, among others.
Fortunately, there are different kinds of treatments that can be done to the skin to keep it healthy. And some of these remedies can actually be made from ingredients that can be found at home.
For beginners, we highly recommend making a simple Jasmine Green Tea Spritzer that works great for anyone who’s looking for an easy and refreshing way to get naturally glowing skin.
Jasmine flowers contain essential oils and botanical properties that help keep the skin hydrated. They also have cicatrizing properties, that help heals blemishes and scars caused by acne, wounds, eruptions, and stretch marks. Additionally, Jasmine oil has antibacterial and antiviral properties that boost skin immunity.
When you combine jasmine with green tea (a powerful antioxidant that helps fight skin aging, skin disorders, and oiliness) and water in a spray bottle, the result is a powerful yet gentlecocktail that can instantly moisturize and refresh your skin.
How to make your own Jasmine Green Tea Spritzer at home
What you need:
- 1 cup freshly boiled filtered water
- 1 tsp organic Sekaya JasmineGreen Tea Botanic Infusion
- 3 drops Jasmine essential oil
- 2 drops vitamin E oil (extracted from any natural vitamin E soft gel)
- spritzer bottle
- Infuse the Sekaya Jasmine GreenTea Botanic Infusion in a pot of freshly boiled water. Keep the cover on for 10minutes or until the infusion cools.
- Transfer the infusion to a spritzer bottle.
- Add essential oil and vitamin E oil.
- Shake the bottle thoroughly.
- Don’t forget to put a label indicating the expiration date on the bottle(spritzer can last for up to 30 days; make sure to refrigerate it when not in use).
- Bring with you to spritz hydration on your skin throughout the day.
-Loux, R. (2012, September 13).Ingredient Lab: Jasmine. Retrieved from:
-Leonard, J. (2016, August 1). 8Reasons You Should Start Putting Green Tea on Your Face + Recipes! Retrieved from: