What is Self-Care and Why is it Important
In a fast-paced world where we live in, having healthy pauses to check on your mind and body wellness can go a long way. Read on how self-care impacts our daily activities, and, generally, how we live our everyday lives.
Self-care: It’s More than a Basic Need
When was the last time you dropped everything to do something for yourself? The last time you went to a movie, hung out with a friend, or even the last time you did nothing? If it took you more than a minute to answer, then it probably has been a while.
But what is self-care and what does that have to do with granting yourself these little pleasures? Self-care is about living a healthy lifestyle, but it’s also more than that. It’s more than eating healthy, doing regular exercises, or proper hygiene.
Self-care is looking after your body while also being conscious of how your mind is doing. By allowing yourself to take a break, you permit your mind and body to breathe. By indulging in rewarding moments, you allow yourself to feel good. And this is where the magic of self-care happens.
- You start to feel confident about accomplishing tasks.
- You deal with stressful or challenging situations better.
- You radiate the inner happiness and contentment, and this makes it easier to socialize, relate or interact.
- A shift on your perception of your self-worth takes place. You begin to understand that you matter more than the deadlines and the daily to-dos.
At its core, self-care is a way of minimizing stress by finding moments to align yourself with your mind and body.
Have a Mindful Moment or Two
Self-care is often associated with pampering activities such as visiting the spa for a massage, or having a grand vacation at some quiet resort on the countryside. But really, self-care can come in smaller, yet impactful, doses. Take these examples:
- Create something out of your passions. Doodle, watercolor, write or journal.
- Take 10 minutes to pause and meditate.
- Be kinder to your body with good-for-the-body snacks and drinks such as Honeybush Delight and Liver Vitality
Find your much-needed pause with botanic infusions, carefully put together to aid you on your self-care journey:https://www.sekaya.com.ph/products