More than just providing aprotective layer for the body, the skin is also an organ that is very muchalive and in charge of many important functions. It is the body’s first shield of defense and home to receptors that allowthe body to sense touch.
Like any other human organ, theskin can become unhealthy or break down if not properly protected from harmfulexternal factors like excessive exposure to the elements, poor diet, andstress, among others.
Fortunately, there are differentkinds of treatments that can be done to the skin to keep it healthy. And someof these remedies can actually be made from ingredients that can be found athome.
For beginners, we highly recommendmaking a simple Jasmine Green Tea Spritzer that worksgreat for anyone who’s looking for an easy and refreshing way to get naturallyglowing skin.
Jasmine flowers contain essentialoils and botanical properties that help keep the skin hydrated. They also havecicatrizing properties, that help heal blemishes and scars caused by acne,wounds, eruptions, and stretch marks. Additionally, Jasmine oil has antibacterialand antiviral properties that boost skin immunity.
When you combine jasmine withgreen tea (a powerful antioxidant that helps fight skin ageing, skin disorders,and oiliness) and water in a spray bottle, the result is a powerful yet gentlecocktail that can instantly moisturise and refresh your skin.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN JASMINE GREEN TEA SPRITZER AT HOME
What you need:
- 1 cup freshly boiled filteredwater
- 1 tsp organic Sekaya JasmineGreen Tea Botanic Infusion
- 3 drops Jasmine essential oil
- 2 drops vitamin E oil (extractedfrom any natural vitamin E soft gel)
- spritzer bottle
1. Infuse the Sekaya Jasmine GreenTea Botanic Infusion in a pot of freshly boiled water. Keep the cover on for 10minutes or until the infusion cools.
2. Transfer the infusion to aspritzer bottle.
3. Add essential oil and vitamin Eoil.
4. Shake the bottle thoroughly.
5.Don’t forget to put a label indicating the expiration date on the bottle(spritzer can last for up to 30 days; make sure to refrigerate it when not in use).
6. Bring with you to spritzhydration on your skin throughout the day.
-Loux, R. (2012, September 13).Ingredient Lab: Jasmine. Retrieved from:
-Leonard, J. (2016, August 1). 8Reasons You Should Start Putting Green Tea on Your Face + Recipes! Retrieved from: